Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you been using what you learned?
Hi,

It's hard to believe that it has been almost two months since the Regional RIPL event in Billings, MT.  It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day when you return to work. We've all been in that situation, but I found that there was something about the design of RIPL that encouraged me to find a way to use what I learned.  Have you found yourself using some of what you learned at RIPL?  If so, what?

I will share that when I first returned from the 2016 RIPL conference I began thinking about my desired outcomes in a much more critical way.  I won't say that writing the outcomes was easy.  I'm still learning how to write a realistic outcome statement, but the process of thinking about what I wanted to achieve with a particular project was really helpful.  It helped me plan and implement activities that gave me a better chance of achieving success.  Even if I still struggle with finding the right language, the critical thinking part of defining the desired end at the beginning of a project has become a part of (almost) everything I do.  I'm starting to see it improve my work and help me achieve the outcomes I want.

Have you found a way to use what you learned at RIPL?  Please share it here.

-Take care,
Tracy

Tracy Cook
Montana State Library