Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webinar - Voter Perceptions of Libraries
Want to chat about today's (5/23) webinar, "Voter Perceptions of Libraries"? Leave your comments and questions here:
What a great webinar! I'm particularly interested in how this information can/will inform capital projects. Not just new buildings, but remodels or even "updates" or "refreshes" to existing spaces. Please share your ideas for ensuring that this or similar/local data can be an input into the design process, including how to communicate with decision-makers that this is important to pay attention to now. Thank you!
(05-23-2019, 02:06 PM)ChristaWerle Wrote: What a great webinar!  I'm particularly interested in how this information can/will inform capital projects.  Not just new buildings, but remodels or even "updates" or "refreshes" to existing spaces.  Please share your ideas for ensuring that this or similar/local data can be an input into the design process, including how to communicate with decision-makers that this is important to pay attention to now.  Thank you!

I agree, Christa. Our design firm for an upcoming remodel used a sticky dot voting exercise with the community to confirm their preferences. I think they used red to signify not important, yellow is sort of neutral, green indicated importance. Then they were able to put their design priorities (space and money) on the areas of greatest importance to that library's local community. In order to have a list to start with, I think you could use the findings from this OCLC study to confirm whether local priorities match the national results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)