Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intros and Evaluation Project
Hello!

Welcome to the RIPL Community of Practice forum for the Mission Viejo event. Please introduce yourself and post a brief description of your evaluation project in this thread.

I'm Linda Hofschire - I'm the director of the Colorado State Library's Library Research Service, and I'm one of the RIPL instructors.
Hello, my name is Beatriz Preciado and I am the Programs Coordinator for OC Public Libraries.

The project I would like to evaluate is OC Read, the adult literacy program for basic reading and writing skills. I would like to gather both quantitative and qualitative data to help determine program strength and areas needing improvement. The literacy program relies heavily on volunteers for its daily operations. Trained volunteer will work with an adult learner for a specific period of time or until their set goals are accomplished. Some specific areas I would like to explore are:
- Length of Tutor Training (currently requires a 16-hour commitment, typically 2, 8-hour days)
- Tutor/ Learner Match- is this successful, do learners feel they have professional, trained tutors 
- Follow-up tutor trainings
- Available Resources for both the tutor/ learner
- # of sessions, hours the pair is meeting
- Transition Period
- Follow-up Services
My name is Laura Hearn. I'm the Regional Branch Librarian at the Irvine Heritage Park Library with OC Public Libraries.

My project will be looking at our Summer Reading Program stats to help us prepare and anticipate figure figure needs.
Hello,

Sharon Morris here. I am an instructor, along with Linda Hofschire. I am looking forward to meeting with you next week and sharing strategies for planning and collecting data, analyzing and using what you learn to improve and advocate for your library.

Sharon
Hi! My name is Lauren Regenhardt and I'm a Children's Librarian at the Mission Viejo Library.

We just started Sensory Storytime, and I'd be interested in evaluating their responses and the effectiveness of the slower-paced Sensory aspect over the standard weekly storytimes with 25 children. We have only had our first one this month but I hope to learn how to evaluate our future Sensory Storytimes!
Hi there!
My name is Kathy Carn. I am the Supervising Librarian for Children's Services at Placentia Library District. I am interested in looking for a way to collect meaningful data to determine the impact of our Community of the 21st Century program, which we run in partnership with Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District. While we have no problem collection quantitative data for this program (how many students are recognized, how many certificates we hand out, etc.) I am interested in finding a way to measure the program in a more qualitative manner (is the program impacting these students significantly and longterm?).

Eager to meet everyone on Monday!
Kathy
Hi, everyone! I'm Allison Tran, Senior Librarian for Children's Services at the Mission Viejo Library.

I'm planning on bringing our Summer Reading Program to evaluate. I feel like there are always ways to improve, and I'd like to take a look at how we might maximize our funding and staff time spent on certain aspects of the program. See you all on Monday!
Howdy!
I'm Allen Kesinger, Teen Services Librarian for the Mission Viejo Library.

I'm looking to do an evaluation of my Pop-Up MakerSpace series I did as a grant for the California State Library. I'd like to sustain it and keep offering more STEAM programs but would like to run it through the RIPL Evaluation process so that I can improve the program quality and boost attendance.
Hello!
I'm Tony Dillehunt, Support Services and Operations Manager at the Mission Viejo Library.

I recently took over responsibility for the care and maintenance of the our building as part of my job duties. In thinking ahead about possible ways we can improve our building, both for staff and for the public, I would like do an evaluation of our facilities that look both at how the building is currently being used and ways in which we can plan for future growth.
(08-09-2018, 12:54 PM)LindaHofschire Wrote: Hello!

Welcome to the RIPL Community of Practice forum for the Mission Viejo event. Please introduce yourself and post a brief description of your evaluation project in this thread.

I'm Linda Hofschire - I'm the director of the Colorado State Library's Library Research Service, and I'm one of the RIPL instructors.

Hello, My name is Lulu Hallenbeck and I am the Librarian, Programs and Outreach, at Mission Viejo Library.  I would like to know how to measure the use of JUV Spanish-language books by a certain two-way immersion school in our city.  We recently received a state grant for JUV Spanish-language books and I would like to see if the books purchased are compatible with curriculum and other needs of this school.