Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intros and Evaluation Project
Hi All,

Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this beautiful day! I'm Liz Rowland the Assistant Director/Public Services Librarian at the Sherborn Library. We're getting ready to open our newly renovated Library later this year (Fall?). The major improvements that are being made are: a new children's room (never had one separated out before); a new teen area (ditto to kids room); a large auditorium space; medium and smaller sized meeting rooms.

Moving into this new space also means that we'll be hiring two new people and be covering more desks. Working in a small library means that all hands are on deck and a wide range of knowledge is needed. I would like to develop a staff development program/team/series (?), which hasn't existed before and would like to evaluate where we are now and areas in which we could improve/learn in order to inform how to move forward with this opportunity.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to meeting everyone (and seeing some familiar faces).
Kind regards,
Liz
Hello,
My name is Lisa Downing and I am the Director of the Forbes Library in Northampton. I would like to focus on quantifying the value of service that the library provides. I am afraid that this might be too broad but I'm not sure exactly how to narrow it down. Numbers are not my thing. I'm a much better storyteller so I look forward to learning lots and stretching myself  Rolleyes

Cheers!
Lisa
Hello!
My name is Emily Miranda and I'm the Supervisor of Children's Services at Watertown Free Public Library.  
My research project will be on Summer Reading, and I'm interested in utilizing existing information and numbers to help inform our programming (census data, DOE stats, local public school numbers) as response to surveys is generally low. 

See you soon-
(05-01-2018, 08:33 AM)Cames Wrote: Hi, I'm Carol Ames, Assistant Circulation Supervisor from the Framingham Library. 

We are interested in learning more about what our patrons will want from our Bookmobile. We'd like to conduct a survey with targeted questions, that will help us get an understanding of prospective Bookmobile patrons: where they live, ages and interests, any other library needs, and how the Bookmobile can improve their library experience.

Hi Carol, April Mazza from Mass. Library System - I went to a session at PLA that a friend of mine from Seattle Public Library presented where she talked about their bookmobile and evaluating their current locations. They looked at current criteria (not much) and established new criteria for which locations would get visits - it was really very interesting and could put you in touch with her if you like. At any rate, sounds like a good project for RIPL!
-April

(05-03-2018, 10:02 AM)emilywatertown Wrote: Hello!
My name is Emily Miranda and I'm the Supervisor of Children's Services at Watertown Free Public Library.  
My research project will be on Summer Reading, and I'm interested in utilizing existing information and numbers to help inform our programming (census data, DOE stats, local public school numbers) as response to surveys is generally low. 

See you soon-

Hi Emily, I am interested in this too! I hope we can chat at RIPL!
-April Mazza

Hi, I'm April Mazza, a consultant with the Mass. Library System. I'll be helping to facilitate at the event but a project I would like to work on is collecting statewide summer library program data. I have lots of questions I'm curious about but I don't want to overburden library staff! But I know we don't ask for outcomes and so we aren't really capturing impact of such important programs. I'm looking forward to learning more at RIPL!
Hello, I'm Stephanie Young, Director of the Woods Memorial Library in Barre, MA.

I would like to identify what type of programs adults and seniors want to see at the library.
Hi, I'm Priya Rathnam and I'm the Assistant Director and Head of Adult Services at the Shrewsbury Public Library! I'll be working with my director Ellen Dolan and we would like to focus on assessing the needs of families that use our Children's services and coming up with practical, workable solutions.

At the moment, we are short three full-time staff members at our library and it's difficult to come up with a different project idea!

Looking forward to learning with all of you!
Hello! 

I'm Jackie Powers, Assistant Director at Beebe Library in Wakefield.  I'd like to evaluate the success/effectiveness of a programming series we did over the course of this last year called Building Resilience.  I'm particularly interested to see if bundling our programming under an overarching theme is more effective than simply doing many standalone adult programs. 

I look forward to meeting everyone Monday!
Hi All! I am Kim Butler, Assistant Director at the Amesbury Public Library. We are currently a very old (1901) library that has never undergone any renovations. We are hoping to be able to start working towards this in the next Planning and Design grant round. That being said, we are interested in starting to find out what our patrons want in a new building, evaluating our current building, and also asking staff what they want.

Looking forwarding to seeing everyone on Monday - safe travels!
Hi all-
I'm Ashley Waring, Assistant Director at the Reading Public Library. I have 2 project ideas, by Monday I will hopefully pick one Wink
1) Evaluate the effectiveness of our monthly Off the Shelf print newsletter
2) Evaluate the impact of a recent staff development day, RPL "Mini Mysteries"

See you in a few days,
Ashley
Hello from Tina Stewart Library Library Director and Charlotte Wood Assistant Library Director.

The Wilmington Memorial Library is planning a series of events focusing on the theme “Revive Civility.” By raising awareness of the importance of engaging in civil conversations between people of different viewpoints and by reminding people of all ages why respect, empathy, consideration and tolerance is important, the library hopes there will be an improvement in civil behavior by participants.  We would like to develop a way to measure the impact of this initiative.