Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Peers for Benchmarking
Hey, thanks, RIPL, for the Next Steps e-mail on peer benchmarking. I had one question: What's the rationale behind limiting the number of peers to less than 10? JPL currently uses 17 peers that meet a number of criteria, many of which you cite in your article. Is this one of those times when less is more?

Thanks in advance!
(02-27-2018, 10:58 AM)RichardMott Wrote: Hey, thanks, RIPL, for the Next Steps e-mail on peer benchmarking. I had one question: What's the rationale behind limiting the number of peers to less than 10? JPL currently uses 17 peers that meet a number of criteria, many of which you cite in your article. Is this one of those times when less is more?

Thanks in advance!

We used three. I have a question myself. I cannot remember all of the websites that have comparative data. If you could tell me about what you use I would be extremely grateful.
(02-27-2018, 10:58 AM)RichardMott Wrote: Hey, thanks, RIPL, for the Next Steps e-mail on peer benchmarking. I had one question: What's the rationale behind limiting the number of peers to less than 10? JPL currently uses 17 peers that meet a number of criteria, many of which you cite in your article. Is this one of those times when less is more?

Thanks in advance!
I didn't receive the email but -- if I recall correctly -- I think it's about practicality and being able to readily use the results.