Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions
Hi Everyone. My name is Andria Heiges and I am the librarian at the Nancy Carol Roberts Memorial Library in Brenham, TX. I  have been with the library for 5 years now. We are the only library in Washington County so we technically serve a population of around 34,000 but we only receive funding from the City of Brenham so our official service population is 16,000. We recently underwent a complete renovation of our facility and have been in our newly modernized and updated building for about 1 year now. I hope to learn about using data to spread awareness about the library and its importance to the community.
Hello! My name is Karen Rasco and I am the library director for the Hood County Library in Granbury. I have been at the Hood County Library for almost 2 years...I came in March 2016. Granbury's population is 7,879 but the library serves 55,000+ in Hood County. We are set to begin an expansion of around 10,000 square feet within the next 2 months, adding to the 12,800 square feet presently in the library. The expansion should take between 10-12 months.  
I am a retired educator...8 years in the classroom, 20 years in K-12 libraries. 
I am looking forward to learning how to use all of the data at my fingertips to support projects and additional personnel that the library will need with the expansion.
Karen
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jeni Testa, Youth Services Manager, from the Cedar Park Public Library. We serve a growing population of about 70,000 and are in the planning stages for our new building, to be completed in a few years. When I'm not working at the library, I enjoy cooking and baking, getting outdoors, and reading with my two kitties. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

Jeni
Hi, my name is Susan Herr, I've been the director at the Bulverde/Spring Branch Library 9 years now.  Our library is 20 miles from everywhere around us, San Antonio, Boerne, New Braunfels, and Blanco.  Our area's population is exploding and we are doing our best to stay ahead of the growth.  The library currently serves a population of over 27,000, up from 12.000 when I started, in about 200 square miles.

When I"m not working with the architects, staff, Friends, Foundation and community on the plans for expanding our building from 19,000 sf to 33,000 sf by summer 2019, I like to take any kind of art workshop, cook and feed people,grow things, and care for our 16 year old puppy and my husband.  We are looking forward to our first grandchild in March!  We love to travel and visit the kids in San Diego and DFW area.  

I am really looking forward to this workshop and meeting all of you interesting people!  Well, I know some of you.  See you soon!
Hello everyone! I finally figured out how to actually post on this! Better late than never.  I am Susie and I am the Director of Van Zandt County Library. We serve around 10,000 Patrons but have a state assigned population of almost 19,000.  We are located in Canton - home of the worlds largest flea market - First Monday. 

We are having a 25th anniversary celebration Tuesday for our building. I won't get to be there!  Sad
Hi All! My name is Jessica Jones, and I am the Branch Manager at the public library in College Station. The Bryan and College Station Public Library System serves about 250,000 people, and because of a GO Bond passed in 2008, we're supposed to start a renovation/addition to expand soon. I'm looking forward to working with everyone at RIPL!
Good Evening, all!

My name is Gretchen Pruett and I am the library director of the New Braunfels Public Library, where I have been for the last nine years.  Our city has grown dramatically - from 35,000 to 75,000 in the last 10 years, and the library has been stretched to serve this growing population.  We hope to have a branch on the next bond issue in 2019 to help serve our community.  We have added a small branch (600 square feet), a community center and a bookmobile in the last five years.

In my spare time I like to read, listen to audiobooks and podcasts, knit and spend time with my three cats and my dog.  Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.