Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions!
Hi all! 

Let's do introductions. 

I'm Amanda Jacobs Foust and I'm RIPL Project Coordinator. When I'm not working on RIPL, I spend my time reading, talking and writing about comics in libraries. 

I'm looking forward to working with all of you at RIPL CO, especially since I am fairly new to Colorado libraries.
[i]Amanda Jacobs Foust[/i]
Forum Administrator
RIPL Project Coordinator
Hi - I'm Linda - I will be an instructor at the event. I'm the director of the Colorado State Library's Library Research Service. I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Hello, all!
My name is Meg Wempe and I'm the director at the Ruby M. Sisson Memorial Library in Pagosa Springs, CO.

When I'm not at work, I can be found skiing, walking the dog (and cat), or somewhere out in the woods on a bike or in hiking shoes.

See you all in a few days!
Hello! I'm Darcy Poletti Harp, PR and Programming Librarian at Pine River Library in Bayfield (SW CO) where the lovely San Juan mountains lie. I was lucky enough to get my first professional library job straight out of grad school here at an excellent small library in a part of the state I love. This is a perfect home for me as I spend most of my free time outdoors- camping, backpacking, hiking, running, biking, and of course, skiing! I've heard excellent things about the RIPL conference and I'm really looking forward to it. See you all soon!
Hello, my name is Deborah Hamilton.  I am a Strategic Services Librarian for the Pikes Peak Library District in Colorado Springs.  I oversee the law and legal research collection that the library maintains.  Looking forward to meeting you all next week!
Hello.
My name is David Hayden and I have the distinct pleasure of serving as the Data Analyst for the Pueblo City County Library District.

I spent the bulk of my career in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering Management so data collection and presentation has been a skill I have been developing for years.  Now, having opportunity to use my background in a library setting has been wonderful and presented me with new challenges.

Here is my recommended reading list:
 - How to Lie with Statistics by Darrell Huff, Irving Geis
 - The Leading Indicators: A Short Story of the Numbers that Rule Our World by Zachary Karabell
 - Out of the Crisis -by W. Edwards Deming 
 - The Deming Management Method by Mary Walton  (Author), W. Edwards Deming (Foreword)
 - Statistical Method from the Viewpoint of Quality Control  - by Walter A. Shewhart and W. Edwards Deming
Hi everyone,

My name is Amie Pilla, and I'm the CEO of the Berthoud Community Library District.  When I'm not at work-- which does happen sometimes-- I like to hike, play with my dogs Scratch and Sniff, read, or bang on my piano.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!
Hello all,
I am Kelsey Speaks. I work at the La Veta Public Library as a full-time librarian. I do a bit of children's programming, a lot tech help and some collection development.
In my free time, I read, play the clarinet and spoil my cat.
See you all soon!
Hi there! 

My name is Lauren Seegmiller. I'm a Senior Library Clerk at Denver Public Library's Central location. My job is to provide administrative support to librarians that work with our circulating adult collection. This includes reporting, inventory projects, and overseeing our circulating magazines. I assist with outreach and programming, some staff trainings, and serve on various committees. I'm also a fresh graduate from University of Washington's iSchool. Haven't really adjusted to life after grad school but I have taken up knitting again for the first time in a few years.
Greetings!

Creed, director at Red Feather Lakes Community Library.

Certainly looking forward to the opportunities that the RIPL conference should provide and open ... and, of course, meeting more members of the fine Colorado library world.