Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluation Project
As was described during the webinar, you will want to bring an evaluation project to the RIPL Regional. What is an evaluation project? It’s a program, project, or service from your library that you want to evaluate (for example: summer reading, technology class series, consulting services, makerspace, databases, etc.). If you missed the webinar, please be sure to check it out for more information about the evaluation project.

Post your evaluation project in this thread.
We are looking to evaluate the Adult Summer Reading Program.
(05-31-2017, 10:28 AM)LindaHofschire Wrote: As was described during the webinar, you will want to bring an evaluation project to the RIPL Regional. What is an evaluation project? It’s a program, project, or service from your library that you want to evaluate (for example: summer reading, technology class series, consulting services, makerspace, databases, etc.). If you missed the webinar, please be sure to check it out for more information about the evaluation project.

Hello all,
The San Diego Public Library will be launching the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten initiative this coming fall.  This will be the program that I will want to evaluate.
-Emily Derry
We are considering a makerspace/media creation lab, and I would like to evaluate this program for our library system.
(05-31-2017, 10:28 AM)LindaHofschire Wrote: As was described during the webinar, you will want to bring an evaluation project to the RIPL Regional. What is an evaluation project? It’s a program, project, or service from your library that you want to evaluate (for example: summer reading, technology class series, consulting services, makerspace, databases, etc.). If you missed the webinar, please be sure to check it out for more information about the evaluation project.

We are going to evaluate our summer reading program
We are going to be evaluating our Summer Reading Program.
Hello,
My name is Donella Dorn and I am the Adult Services Supervising Librarian for the Ontario City Library. I did not know about the Webinar until the day of and was unable to change my schedule to attend. Now, the link I received is not working for me. I sent an email today but got an out of office response. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can access this as I want to be as prepared as I can be.

As far as an evaluation project, I am considering two based upon responses I have seen on this board: Adult Summer Reading Program or Adult Maker Space.  I have only been at OCL since February and do not have prior experience with OCL's Adult Summer Reading Program so I'm not sure whether the evaluation covers past experiences, present (two weeks into SRP) or future. On the other hand, I really want to implement an Adult Maker Space but need to evaluate whether or not it would be successful here. 

Ugh...what to do.  Any suggestions? Confused
I'd like to evaluate two of our programs. One is the Do Your Homework @ The Library program which is a system wide (all 36 branches) year long program.  We have a good amount of statistics and tracking measures but they are not terribly outcome based.

The other is a program which we started just this year, called Spring into STEAM. It focuses on STEM education for youth, plus the A for arts :Smile  We need to develop effective evaluation for this program which will reoccur each Spring.