RIPL Community of Practice
Introductions - Printable Version

+- RIPL Community of Practice (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop)
+-- Forum: Research Institute for Public Libraries (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RIPL Events (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: RIPL 2018 (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Forum: Introductions (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+----- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=325)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Introductions - rdipilato - 07-13-2018

(06-28-2018, 09:50 PM)ajacobsfoust Wrote: Hi all! 

Let's do introductions. 

I'm Amanda Jacobs Foust and I'm RIPL Project Coordinator. When I'm not working on RIPL, I spend my time reading, talking and writing about comics in libraries.

Hit reply to respond to this thread and introduce yourself. 

And if you want email notifications when the thread is update, select thread subscription when you post your reply.

Hi Everyone,
My name is Renee Di Pilato and I am the Deputy Director for the Alexandria Library in Virginia.  I look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

RE: Introductions - vickichaney - 07-13-2018

Let's do introductions. 

I'm Amanda Jacobs Foust and I'm RIPL Project Coordinator. When I'm not working on RIPL, I spend my time reading, talking and writing about comics in libraries.

And if you want email notifications when the thread is update, select thread subscription when you post your reply.

Hello,

My name is Vicki Chaney. I am not only new to RIPL, I am also new to working in a library. I work at the Grant Public Library in Grant, AL. I'm a little nervous about jumping in to a big pond. I love to learn new things so I look forward to the conference for that reason.

RE: Introductions - bhinson - 07-13-2018

I'm Blair Hinson from Oconee County (South Carolina). I'm the director of the Oconee County Public Library. I'm new to RIPL, but look forward to learning a lot about how to better analyze, describe, and promote what we do at the library (and why).

RE: Introductions - AmyGrasmick - 07-13-2018

Let's do introductions. 

Howdy, everyone! I'm the director of Kimball Public Library in Randolph, VT. We have a service population of about 6000, which makes us a mid-sized library for the state. We'd really like to be sure that we're providing the most important services for our community, rather than simply the services we've always provided. Like most of you, I am a RIPL newbie -- both excited and intimidated by all the learning ahead.

For fun, I practice taekwondo and (surprise, surprise!) read - but not at the same time. Those of you who can knit and read at the same time are awesome!

RE: Introductions - pbromberg - 07-13-2018

Hi, I'm Peter Bromberg, Executive Director of the Salt Lake City Public Library.  I'll be presenting a breakout session at RIPL on Wed 8-9:30 ("IT’S PEOPLE I TELL YA! DEVELOPING A HUMAN-CENTERED APPROACH TO INFORM SERVICE DESIGN AND STRATEGIC PLANNING"), and will also be participating in a breakout session, and acting as a Facilitator.

I very excited, and honored, to be attending RIPL this year and look forward to meeting everyone and learning lots!

RE: Introductions - cvanstone - 07-16-2018

Hi!  I am Catherine Vanstone, the Assistant Director for Technology, Training, and Development with the Southwest Georgia Regional Library in Bainbridge.  I stumbled into the world of statistics and absolutely love it!

RE: Introductions - Lhanson - 07-16-2018

Hi Everyone! 
I'm Lindsay Hanson - Sno-Isle Libraries' Data Analysis Librarian. I'll be an instructor and facilitator at RIPL and I can't wait! 
Very much looking forward to our time in Atlanta!

RE: Introductions - Stephen Kight - 07-16-2018

Hi, I'm Stephen Kight from Forsyth County Public Library in Cumming, Georgia.  I was recently promoted to Deputy Director and some of my staff made me a homemade Deputy Dawg cake, which was fantastic.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and learning lots.

RE: Introductions - AmyGrasmick - 07-16-2018

(07-10-2018, 03:58 PM)Gizelle Guyette Wrote: Hello.  I'm Gizelle Guyette, director at the Morristown Centennial Library in Morrisville, Vermont.  This is a first for us, and I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from and work with my colleagues from around the country when we meet in Atlanta.

Hey, Gizelle - fancy meeting you here! Any chance you're flying out of Bradley at 10:30am on Sunday, and returning at 9:15pm on Wednesday? We could carpool! Amy at Kimball Library

RE: Introductions - thamby@slcpl.org - 07-16-2018

Hi! I'm Tommy Hamby, the new Data Analyst for the Salt Lake City Public Library. I've been at SLCPL since 2003 and most recently was the Adult Services Coordinator. I've long been interested in RIPL and when a spot opened up in June I snatched it up right away--RIPL couldn't be coming at a better time for me professionally! I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far and I'm excited to meet everyone in Atlanta!