RIPL Community of Practice
Introductions - Printable Version

+- RIPL Community of Practice (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop)
+-- Forum: Research Institute for Public Libraries (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RIPL Events (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: RIPL 2018 (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Forum: Introductions (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+----- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=325)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Introductions - katinajones - 07-18-2018

Hey Y'all!

Katina Jones here - Statistical Research Analyst from Mid-Continent Public Library in the Kansas City, Missouri area. I will be a facilitator, and session presenter and panelist in Atlanta. I was lucky enough to attend the inaugural session of RIPL in Colorado Springs and am excited to be back with my people!

See you soon!

RE: Introductions - smcintyre - 07-18-2018

Hello. I'm Susie McIntyre and I am the Collection Development Librarian at the Great Falls Public Library. (The Great Falls Public Library in Montana not the one in Virginia.)

RE: Introductions - lmason - 07-19-2018

Hello Everyone,
My name is Lesley Mason. I'm the library director for Caldwell County Public Library. I come from a youth services background with the Enoch Pratt Free Library and the DC Public Library. This conference is a fantastic opportunity for me, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

RE: Introductions - dmdavis - 07-19-2018

(06-28-2018, 09:50 PM)ajacobsfoust Wrote: Hi all! 

Let's do introductions. 

I'm Amanda Jacobs Foust and I'm RIPL Project Coordinator. When I'm not working on RIPL, I spend my time reading, talking and writing about comics in libraries.

Hit reply to respond to this thread and introduce yourself. 

And if you want email notifications when the thread is update, select thread subscription when you post your reply.

Hello everyone!  I'm Denise Davis, Strategic Initiatives Manager with Allen County Public Library (Fort Wayne, IN). I've been here just over one year, but brought with my a few decades of assessment experience. ACPL is knee-deep in strategic plan implementation and assessment, lots of staff training as being outward facing and gathering community input for evaluation is new to many. We are learning as we go - which approaches work where, etc. ... staying nimble and open-minded as we learn as an organization!  The ACPL strategic plan framework is among the shared documents at RIPL 2018. I look forward to meeting everyone in a few weeks.
Best regards,
Denise

RE: Introductions - morris_s - 07-19-2018

Hello,

Sharon Morris, RIPL instructor and on the planning team. I work at the Colorado State Library as Director of Library Development and also am currently serving as Interim Assistant Commissioner, Director of the State Library.

Looking forward to RIPL 2018 in Atlanta - all the learning and fun we will have as we find ways to use more evidence in our decision making, practice, and advocacy.

Sharon

RE: Introductions - lindsygardner - 07-19-2018

Happy Thursday, everyone! I enjoyed scrolling through all the intros today. I love the diversity of backgrounds and geography of participants at RIPL. I have much to learn from all of you! I've been a library director for 17 years, but I've only been leading the Emmet O'Neal Library in Mountain Brook, AL for the past year and half. We just completed strategic planning, which makes the topic of this conference enormously helpful.

I love to volunteer in the community, take long walks with my dog, Butch, and travel. Audiobooks are my main form of literacy intake.

See you soon!

Lindsy

RE: Introductions - CorySVT - 07-19-2018

Greetings from Moretown VT!
Finally back from vacation and managing our first season ever of pick-your-own strawberries, I am excited to dive in to the world of data and RIPL. As solo librarian of a tiny (both space and population) library, I look forward to meeting you all and bringing back new skills as we contemplate a move to a larger space and revisit our strategic plan.

When not serving the community behind the circulation desk, I love to be outside farming, biking, skiing and spending time with my two teenagers. And reading of course.

Cory Stephenson

(07-06-2018, 08:40 AM)cindyjewett Wrote: Hi!  I am Cindy Jewett and I am the director of the James A. Tuttle Library in Antrim, NH.  I look forward to meeting everyone in Atlanta.

I am excited to meet you, as both my children were born there (keene actually) and had their first library experiences at the Tuttle library both before and after the addition!

RE: Introductions - kdebertin - 07-20-2018

I am Katherine Debertin, Youth Programs & Services Manager for Hennepin County Library in Minnesota. A colleague of mine attended RIPL 2 years ago, and encouraged me to attend last year -- I'm very excited to attend this year, and dig into our evaluation projects and questions. Looking forward to meeting you all in just over a week!

RE: Introductions - JennyPierce - 07-22-2018

Hello everyone,

I am a new Collection Management Division Head at the Pikes Peak Library District in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  I'm a first time RIPL attendee and hope to learn more about representing data in ways that are meaningful to people.  

Jenny Pierce

RE: Introductions - bmills1965 - 07-23-2018

Let's do introductions. 

I'm Amanda Jacobs Foust and I'm RIPL Project Coordinator. When I'm not working on RIPL, I spend my time reading, talking and writing about comics in libraries.

And if you want email notifications when the thread is update, select thread subscription when you post your reply.

Let's do introductions. 

Hello.  I'm Brenda Mills and I am the Senior Branch Librarian at Scotland Neck Memorial Library in Scotland Neck N.C.   I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning ways to enrich and enhance our library system.

Hi all!  I am Brenda Mills the Senior Branch Librarian for Scotland Neck Memorial Library in Scotland Neck N.C.   This is my first time attending the RIPL conference and I am excited about meeting everyone and learning ways to enhance our library system.