RIPL Community of Practice
Introductions - Printable Version

+- RIPL Community of Practice (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop)
+-- Forum: Research Institute for Public Libraries (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RIPL Events (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Texas (https://ripl.lrs.org/cop/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Introductions - ajacobsfoust - 10-04-2017

Hi all! 

Let's do introductions. 

I'm Amanda Jacobs Foust and I'm RIPL Project Coordinator. When I'm not working on RIPL, I spend my time reading, talking and writing about comics in libraries.

RE: Introductions - Kathleen Frankl Ashmore - 10-16-2017

Hello all,

I'm Kathleen Frankl Ashmore, and I am the Assistant Director of the Lonoke County Library System, which is in Arkansas. I am the branch manager of the Cabot, AR branch. When I am not at the library you can usually find me either hiding at home with a book, a blanket, cleaning supplies and netflix or you will find me running around with my family.

RE: Introductions - raecheney - 10-16-2017

Hi! My name is Rae Cheney, I'm the Library Services Manager for the Keller Public Library. We are situated between Dallas and Fort Worth and serve a population of 45,000. Outside of the library I love playing with my dogs, reading, finding new parks to explore, and looking for new restaurants to try.

RE: Introductions - ckincaid - 10-16-2017

Hello!  My name is Courtney Kincaid and I'm the Assistant Library Director at North Richland Hills Library.  North Richland Hills is located in the NE Tarrant County area with a population of just under 70,000.  When not working, I enjoy reading, camping and hiking, and being with my family.

RE: Introductions - jsyler - 10-16-2017

Hi hello greetings!

My name is Julie Syler, and my full title is User Experience (Innovations) Librarian at the Saline County Public Library in Benton, Arkansas. This position was just developed, but my focus is to research new collections and services, as well as craft reports for management and materials selectors. 

I love spreadsheets (it's sort of an occupational hazard), orchestral music (thanks to undergrad and grad school as a music major), and gaming (I don't know how in the world I missed Torchlight II, but I've certainly discovered it now). 

And apparently parentheses are cool, too.

RE: Introductions - Anna - 10-16-2017

Hi, All!

I'm Anna Lane, Boss Lady (as called by my staff), of Marshall Public Library in Marshall, TX which is located in East Texas about 25 miles from Shreveport, Louisiana.  I've been at MPL 15 years after previously working as an elementary/special education teacher for 10 years.  I love how every day is different in library land, but I cringe (not really) when new books come in as my TBR list will never, ever get shorter. 

When I'm not feverishly reading to shorten my TBR list, I'm happily rearranging and reorganizing my empty nest courtesy of my Texas State University junior-ish daughter and Sul Ross State University freshman son.  I'm also unsuccessfully training my husband as to where the dog food is stored, the dishwasher is located, and that Thursday is trash day since we're having to do the kids' chores now.  If he can't figure out where the dog food is by the time RIPL starts, I'm bringing Molly and Oliver with me!  Rolleyes

Anna
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read".  (Groucho Marx)

RE: Introductions - kkroll - 10-17-2017

Hi, I am Kim Kroll and i am the Director of Library Services for the Lena Armstrong Public Library in Belton, Texas. A population of about 21,000. I have a small library 5659 square feet and 4 staff member. I have a very empty nest, My husband is a missionary physician in Jamaica, one son is an Army ranger, my daughter is busy raising my 2 amazing granddaughters, and my youngest son is trying not to finish his last semester of college. I just watched the archived webinar to prepare for RIPL and i am a little overwhelmed. Hopefully that will settle down and i will get my project together. i am looking forward to RIPL.

RE: Introductions - NinaMartin - 10-17-2017

Hi! I'm Nina Martin, a librarian supervisor in the Plano Public Library. I've been in Plano for almost 10 years, and in my current role at the Davis Library for about a year and a half. I have a 3 year old daughter, so I'm always busy whether I'm at work or home! I'm excited to learn something new at RIPL this month and look forward to meeting everybody.

RE: Introductions - Matthew Riley - 10-17-2017

Hello.  My name is Matthew Riley and I am the Assistant Director of the Friendswood Public Library.  We primarily serve the Friendswood community of around 40,000 citizens.  When I am not working, my wife and I keep very busy with three children at home.  I have two kids very involved in band at both the local jr. high and high school.  We also do sports and art classes among other activities.  I am also a member of Gulf Coast Poets and spend time on weekends and some evenings working on my writing.

RE: Introductions - Wendy Byrd - 10-17-2017

Hi!  My name is Wendy Byrd and I am the Director and the Rains County Public Library in Emory, TX.  We are known for, "The land between the lakes"; Lake Fork and Lake Tawakoni.  I have a small rural library of 5,000 sq. ft. and serve a population of  11,250.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and excited to hear what RIPL has to offer.